Toast to impress friends
Our little sister store Greenhaus Coffee is famous for its incredible grab and go breakfasts and the first to sell out every morning are our Savoury Tartines. Follow the recipe below to create this superior toast at home.
Greenhaus Tomato and Hummus Tartine
- Sourdough (we use and recommend Sprout Artisan Bakery)
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
- Basil leaves
- Greek yoghurt
- Olive oil
- Slice your sourdough to desired thickness.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cook in the oven until golden or crunchy.
- While it cooks cut your cherry tomatoes into halves and quarters and drizzle with olive oil and season. Tear up some fresh basil leaves. Combine a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt and a tablespoon of hummus and stir until you have delicious creamy consistency.
- Take your crunchy and golden slice of toast and slather it with a generous spread of your hummus and yoghurt. Sprinkle the cut tomato on top and layer with basil leaves.
- Finally, give your toast a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. If you really want to up the ante, lash out on some nigella seeds and sprinkle those on top for some extra café vibes.
It’s not always that easy to bite into a crunchy tartine so we always cut it in half before we dive in!